Local Pickleball Guide – Kailua Kona and Kauai, Hawaii
ALOHA to all of the pickleball players in the gorgeous state of Hawaii!
While pickleball is brand new to this state (it was brought to Kauai in 2011 by Jack Hodges) it is growing leaps and bounds. So far, it seems like the two “hotspots” are Kailua Kona on the Big Island and Kauai.
Each of these places have a dedicated pickleball club. Check out Kona Pickleball Hui, based in Kailua Kona, and Kauai Pickleball. Both clubs have that awesome Hawaiian spirit and welcome visitors with open arms… have paddle, will travel! They both often hold regular clinics, and post information on those on their Facebook pages.
Kauai Pickleball Players
Pickleball Courts Around Kailua Kona and Kauai
There are several places to play in the surrounding areas:
- Old Kona Airport State Recreation Area (Kailua Kona)
- Holua Tennis and Pickleball Center (Kailua Kona)
- Poipu Beach Athletic Club (Kauai)
- Kalaheo Neighborhood Center Gymnasium (Kauai)
- and more!
Pickleball Court Constructors in Hawaii
If you’re looking to increase the number of places to play in Hawaii, these local court construction companies would be happy to help you out:
USAPA Ambassadors – Hawaii
These are several locals who are always willing to lend a hand in the growing of the sport in Hawaii:
- Jacqueline Frame – 808-895-8973 – Kailua Kona, HI
- Annette Cottle – 801-643-6603 – Honolulu, HI
- Jack Hodges – 808-634-4049 – Koloa, HI (Island of Kauai)
- Bob and Javon Courtney – 818-708-1770 – Kailua Kona, HI
- Kevin and Teresa Kimball – 808-392-9304 – Laie, HI
Hawaii Pickleball Related News and Youtube Videos
Check out these articles and videos that have featured pickleball in Hawaii:
- Pickleball Passion
- Playing Pickleball with Relish
- Aloha from Hawaii (Boise Pickleball)
- BC Pickleball Goes To Hawaii
Pickleball – Kauai, HI
Kona Pickleball Hui